What Documentation Is Required To Get A Mortgage?
- Copy of drivers licenses, social security, or work visa
- 2 years most recent 1040s & W-2s
- Copy of pay stubs covering 1 month most recent
- Verification of disability and/or retirement income
- Verification of social security
- 2 months of bank statements (most current)
- Copy of Earnest Money Check
However, depending on your unique situation and what kind of loan you are applying for, there may be other documents involved. The good news is, you have a loan officer who can help you every step of the way.
*Items may be voluntarily supplied prior to full application, but NOT REQUIRED by lender per RESPA Compliance.
Which Type Of Mortgage Should I Apply For?
Once you know what your budget is going to look like, you will need to start looking at securing a loan. Always make sure you look at multiple options before you apply for a loan, as some mortgages may work better for your specific needs. Things to consider when applying for a mortgage:
- How much will you personally be adding to the down payment?
- What is the maximum monthly payment you can comfortably make?
- Would you like a fixed or variable mortgage payment?
- Are interest rates going up or down in your chosen area?
Luckily for you, the team at AmCap Home Loans can help talk you through your options and help you to answer any of the above questions so you won’t feel overwhelmed during this exciting time.
What will my rate be?
What is PMI?
How should I maintain my credit when I’m in the pre-qualifying and/or homebuying process?
- Apply for a new credit card or auto loan.
- Change jobs.
- Skip payments on existing credit accounts.
- Start purchasing expensive items (like new furniture).
25 Noble Court Ste. 101
Heath, TX 75032